Celebrating 25 Years Of Quality Education
1. Apply for admission in the prescribed Application Form, available in the office. Cost of application and registration fee is waived for SC/ST Candidates.
2. Application fee can be paid in cash or as demand draft in favour of Purushottam Thote College of Social Work, Nagpur. For detail please refer to the college office.
3. Fill and submit the eligibility form, along with copies of certificates listed in the eligibility form and the required fees.
4. Degree certificate along with transcript from his/her university as proof of eligibility.
5. Write a note on motivation for applying to the programme (up to 500 words).
1. Once the College ascertains the eligibility of the candidate to apply for the programme, the following steps are initiated:
2. The candidate has to write an essay up to 1,000 - 1,500 words in the comfortable language i.e. English/Marathi/ Hindi.
3. Personal interview to assess competency in subject area and preparedness for education in a different social and environmental context.
1. Admission will be based on merit, taking into account marks secured in Degree Course, Entrance Test and Interview. The weightage for each component is as follows: Degree Marks 100, Entrance Exam 50, and Interview 10. Community quota allotments will be followed as per GoM rules.
2. After above procedure the admission committee will decide the final list of students according to their academic merit and performance.
3. All admissions shall be notified ONLY in the College Notice Board and on the Website and no other communication channels shall be followed.
4. Admission will be provisional until certificate and final mark list are produced and is also subject to University verification. Candidates failing to produce pass certificate and marks certificate immediately after publication of results cannot retain the seat allotted to them.
5. Admission is subject to verification of marks certificates and if the mark certificates are found to be false, admission is liable for cancellation besides criminal action being taken.
1. The medium of instruction is English/Marathi and it is assumed that candidates seeking admission have an adequate knowledge of these languages. Candidates are expected to answer in English language during the entrance examination.
2. If any statement furnished by the applicant is found incorrect at any time, he/she will be liable to be debarred permanently from the course, and will be not be eligible to apply to any other course in the Institute.
3. If a candidate has submitted his/her original documents like degree, mark-sheet, etc., to a college/ university for re-evaluation or for any other purpose, he/she is required to produce a letter from that college/university authority addressed to the Registrar of college clearly indicating that the candidate�s original documents, as stated above, have been retained by the college/ university for a specific purpose and indicate the time required to release to the institute. In any case, the student should submit the degree and mark-sheet by the end of December of the same academic year, failing which his/her admission will be cancelled.
4. Admission will be subject to the fulfilment of the eligibility requirements as confirmed through verification of original certificates and mark-sheets.
5. Original documents for verification will not be accepted by Post or courier service. They have to be presented by the candidate or by his/her authorised nominee.
6. A candidate, who is admitted provisionally, pending final year of the qualifying degree examination results should procure the mark-sheet and migration certificate as soon as he/she gets them, after declaration of results, and submit the same to the Academic Section. In any case, they should be submitted by the end of December of the same academic year, failing which his/her admission will be cancelled.